Antiseptic Surgical Scrub and Surgical Prep
U.S. Patent #5,244,666
Indications and Usage
Topical, Antiseptic for professional degerming, pre-op and post-op procedures. Advanced technology in skin disinfectants combining a substituted phenolic active ingredient in a synergic blend of surfactants and emollients. Broad spectrum efficacy on all gram-negative and gram-positive organisms tested in 30 seconds. Exceptionally mild formulation aids in healing hands and skin abused by toxic chemicals. Apply directly to surgical sites for microbiologically "cleaner" skin prior to and after surgical procedures. Use directly on skin areas for I.V. site maintenance. Safe and effective for mucous membranes and around ears and eyes. Highly efficient surfactancy for removal of organic matter and oil. Non-staining.
- Amphoteric, Cationic, Phenolic Blend
- Active Ingredients: USP Chloroxylenol 3.0% - Monographed OTC Antiseptics/Federal Register, June 17, 1994, Tentative Final Monograph for Health-Care Antiseptics [59 FR 31401]
- OTC Pharmaceutical/Non-Alcohol Containing
- No Fragrance. Contains Phospholipid and Protein Collagen for skin conditioning
- Non-Toxic, Non-Dermal Irritant, contains no linear alcohols.
- Rated Mild in Ocular Tissue Testing, External Use Only.
- Draize Dermal Irritation Test • Minimal Rating with a 0.08% Draize Equivalent.
- EyeTex/Ocular Safety & Irritation • Rated Mild
- Skin/Tex/Dermal Irritation Test • Minimal Rating
- Oral Toxicity • Non-Toxic LD50 > 15 grams per kilogram of body weight.
- Percent Bacterial Reduction Test (NCCLS Document M26-P protocol) • 99.99% reduction of Staphylococcus aureus, MRSA, Escherichia coli, and Pseudomonas aeruginosa in 30 second contact; 99.99% on Candida albicans in 30 second contact.
- Time Kill Study/1, 3, and 5 minutes • 99% bacterial reduction
- Hill Top Bio-Labs, Inc. - Kligman Occluded Site/Antimicrobial Efficacy and Irritation on Intact Skin • 99.975 inhibition of microflora in 24 hours of dermal occlusion. (Test of Substantivity - Cup Scrub Method)
- Broad spectrum in-vitro efficacy proven and documented.
- Inhibits Mycobacterium bovis - (tuberculan)- Suspension Testing - Hill Top Biolabs
- Wound Applications - Evaluation ongoing at the University of Minnesota Medical School/Transplant.
- Antibiotic Replacement Therapy • Open Abdominal Wounds - Evaluation Complete at the University of Pittsburgh, Medical School. Certificate of Need - Life threatening - Immune Suppressed - V.R.E.F. and M.R.S.A. patients.
Dosage and Administration
Techni-Care® has proven to be safe, non-toxic, and with no contra-indications in labeled usage. Do not dilute with water for skin prep procedures; apply directly and air or blot to dry. Will not stain the skin or linens. Eliminates problem of skin burning or "pooling" in lengthy surgical procedures. May be used in total body bathing for maximum infection control areas, especially I.C.U.'s operating room, emergency rooms and burn unit personnel. Pre-bathe immune compromised and/or bariatric patients as a pre-cleansing step.
Back to top