Urban Skin® Antimicrobial Hand & Body Lotion
(formerly Skin Magic®)
Product Release: 1976
Indications and Usage
Topical, antimicrobial skin lotion designed to replenish lost moisture in dermal tissue due to the aging process. Transdermal penetration properties. Soothes and moisturizes tender, dry, chapped, cracked, and irritated skin. Excellent for use on patients with Sjogren's Syndrome, cancer and diabetes. Inhibits the growth of pathogenic microorganisms and reduces ammonia related burn/odor while aiding in the prevention of topical infection. Urban Skin® is greaseless and non-staining to linens or clothing. Use daily on diabetic patients on legs and feet after proper bathing with an antimicrobial skin cleanser.
- Oil in Water Emulsion
- Active Ingredient: USP Chloroxylenol 0.4%
- Contains: Mineral Oil, Propylene Glycol, Isostearyl Alcohol, Glycol Stearate, Lanolin Oil,
Cetyl Alcohol, Myristyl Propionate, Propylparaben in Skin Conditioning Agents.
- No Dyes
- O-T-C Pharmaceutical Category
- Non-Toxic, Non-Dermal Irritant, External Use Only
- Lotion Product for Topical Use • Not for Occular Use.
- Draize Dermal Irritation Testing: Non-Dermal Irritant
- Oral Toxicity: Non-Toxic
- Eye Irritation/Toxicological Investigation: Slight Eye Irritant
- Broad Spectrum: Chloroxylenol = 4000 ppm • Gram-Negative and Gram-Positive Bacteria.
- "Methods for Evaluating Topical Antibacterial Agents in Human Skin" by Marples, R.R. and Kligman, A.M. in a "New Method for the Quantitative Investigation of Cutaneous Bacteria." Proliferation of microflora was inhibited with Urban Skin® by 85% during 24 hours occluded.
Dosage and Administration
Urban Skin® has proven safe, non-toxic and without contra-indications of usage. Blend in gently to dermal tissue to replenish lost moisture and provide nourishing conditioners for dry skin. Healthcare workers use prior to glove application to protect hands from low grade powders and glove moisture. Relieves dry, itchy, flaky skin. Reduces risk of cross-contamination. Penetrates microporous tape without affecting adhesion. Daily inspection and lubrication of feet can prevent infection, especially in diabetic patients. Check patient feet for dry skin, cracks between toes, corns, calluses, blisters, any changes in color, or sores. Dryness and cracks in skin allow bacteria to grow. After bathing feet in Satin® or Loving Lather II®, use Urban Skin® to soften skin. Gram negative organisms and S. aureus frequently colonize in patients with eczematous and dermatitic skin. Urban Skin® will effectively counteract these organisms.
Available Product Sizes
Effective 2/01/07 - No longer available.
For online orders until 2/15/07:
|| Urban Skin
||4 Ounce Bottle
||8 Ounce Bottle
||8 Ounce Bottles/24 per case
« Back to Products by Specialty
« Back to Product List